A member of the Miata.net forum with the nickname Jumperthumper created another pure cosmetic modification which gained some interest from the Miata community. I decided to check how it would look on my car, to maybe make some sort of kit for easy installation for other people. Continue reading
This project was inspired by the work of Kenji Ganakuto on YouTube.
He has actually cut the light unit with an ultrasonic cutter, to install LEDs there, which is quite a complicated process.
I decided to design a simple bulb replacement instead. After taking a closer look at the light unit design, I found that I can fit there a 4″ long LED light to produce a similar effect. Continue reading
The MX-5 trunk lid is bare metal, with a bunch of holes and exposed cables. I wanted to make it look nice, so I designed a panel without the use of sheet metal screws to attach it. Continue reading
I have a new design of the illumination unit and the dimmer module. The new module utilizes 9 LEDs, to spread out the illumination. Now it is available with white or red light. Continue reading
One year ago, I designed my first acrylic wind blocker. Thanks to great support from the Miata community, I was able to continuously work on improvements. I made several options and a few modifications to mounting clips. The main challenge was to design a product that could work in many different cars. It turned out that tolerances on major dimensions between hoops are quite big, +/- 2mm. That meant that one wind blocker could have a very loose fit in one car and a super tight fit in another, leaving the only option of making custom mounting clips for each individual case. Continue reading